Saturday, November 26, 2011

Trip to Ikea....

Today we went to Ikea to buy the kids new desk chairs. Their chairs broke a while back. Here’s a picture of 'E' testing one of the chairs.


He’s looking away from the camera. Pretty standard protocol really. I generally have to take an abundance of pictures to try and get one where he’s actually looking at me and not making a funny face. Oftentimes I end-up with a photo of a blur as he races by me. For taking photos of "moving targets" digital cameras great!

So....back to Ikea....after testing numerous chairs, we found one that met E's standards. It was cushy, soft, and had arm rests, which were all on E’s must-have list. The bad news....Ikea didn’t have the chair or the cover he wanted in stock. It didn’t help matters that the chair his brother picked-out was in the store, ready to go. No problem there. E actually took it pretty well. Although he was bummed that they didn’t have his chair, I think that he was so over being in Ikea (we were there for about two hours) that he was just ready to go. My guess is that just being able to leave the store (I was right there with him on that one) eased his disappointment. No meltdowns....no outbursts....no yelling at the salespeople that they “mocked him” or “teased him” by not having his chair "on purpose." We got away clean today. Whew! The bad news for me is that I’ll be out-and-about shopping for a chair for E again tomorrow while he enjoys his home-time. I guess the house cleaning and grocery shopping will have to wait. Oh darn.

No comments:

Post a Comment