Saturday, November 26, 2011

Charlie Brown Thanksgiving....


I just wanted to post this photo of 'E' and Brad watching Charlie Brown Thanksgiving at my parent's house the evening of Thanksgiving. I've been reading all of the wonderful #youmightbeanautismparentif comments on Twitter. We literally watched the entire episode of Charlie Brown Thanksgiving at least five or six times. I'm sure if I asked E he would have an exact number. OK, I just asked him....without hesitation he said that we watched it five times total, but there were countless other views of the scene where Snoopy fights the beach chair. E loves that part so much that he acts it out along with the cartoon characters on TV. His performance is worthy of an Oscar nomination. Temple Grandin advocates that as parents we should help our ASD kids develop their natural obsessions/talents into careers. I may be blogging right now about a future movie star....or a video game designer....or a writer. Whatever his chosen career path may be, I’ll never forget the joy I had watching him act-out Charlie Brown Thanksgiving. I feel so truly so blessed to be E’s mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment