Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thankful.....

I’m thankful for so much. First, I’m thankful for my wonderful husband Brad, who grounds me in every way possible. Without him I don’t know if I could make it. He’s truly the nicest, most kind, patient, and loving person I’ve ever met. I can’t explain it, but we just work. I feel so lucky to have found my soul mate. We’ve been married for 25 years now, and it just keeps getting better and better. Brad’s the Ying to my Yang, and for him, I’m forever grateful.

I’m thankful for my wonderful children. I’m so fortunate to be their mom. They both amaze me on a daily basis. I find joy in watching them grow into these amazing human beings. I’m thankful when I see 'D' laughing with his friends. He’s growing into this wonderful man right before my eyes. I’m thankful when I get to watch 'E' line up his plush dolls in front of the television or next to him in his bed. I’m feel like I’m the luckiest mom in the world to have them in my life. I wouldn’t change a single, solitary, thing.

I’m thankful for my family....on both sides. They support us with unconditional love and we appreciate that more than they’ll ever know. I’m so grateful to have grown-up in a loving household. I’m fortunate that the news of E’s diagnosis wasn’t met with resistance. There was no denial that I can remember. Only support. I’m truly grateful for our parents never-ending generosity.When we needed help, they were always there....for that I am grateful. I hope that Brad and I can be as giving to our boys throughout their lives, as our parents have been to us.

I'm thankful for my friends....especially my friends that "get" it. The friends that understand are usually the ones that have a direct relationship with Autism, meaning they have an Autistic child themselves, or they know someone that does. My friends know that it's not that we don't want to do things with them on a spur of the moment (or not), it's that we can't. E needs a certain amount of "home time." Our family is generally unable to "go, go, go" like a lot of people we know. For the friends that understand that, I'm truly thankful for your support and understanding.

I’m thankful for my career. Things weren’t always easy for us. For some unknown reason I had this innate desire to graduate from college. Sure, I fluttered around with it after high school, but I had no clear vision of what I wanted to do the next day, let alone what I wanted to do with the rest of my life. I got married young and eventually went back to school in my thirty's. Even though we have student loan debt to repay, I would never have the job I have without the loans we needed to make it through. For my education and my job, I am truly grateful.

These are some of the things I’m thankful for. 

I hope everyone is having a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday.














No comments:

Post a Comment